How to assign a role to a user?
symauth -sid 1234 -file assign_role_user.txt commit
assign user User1 to role StorageAdmin;
Assign StorageAdmin role user User1. User1 may be a local user or a domain user.
- symaccess -sid 1234 list devinfo -ig MyInitiatorList the details of devices assigned to the initiatorgroup MyInitiator
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "set disk_group 5, disk_group_name = Tier2_400GB;" commitAssign a name "Tier2_400GB" to disk group 5.
- symfast -sid 1234 -fp_name F_Policy1 associate -sg MySg -priority 2Associate Storage Group "MySg" with FAST Policy "F_Policy1" and assign priority 2.
- symdev -sid 1234 list -pinnedLists all the devices which are user pinned devices( User Pinned devices will not be moved by FAST Controller , but may be moved by Optimizer or Symmigrate)
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "enable rdfa on ra_group 100,make_group_swappable=TRUE;" commitEnable RDF Asynchronous on rdf group 100 and make that role swappable.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
CISCO MDS CLI QuestionsHowTo guide for Cisco MDS commands
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.