How to delete or remove an empty port group?
symaccess -sid 1234 delete -name MyPortGroup -type port
Delete/Remove an empty port group.The "-force" must be used if the port group(PG) is not empty.We can't delete PG if it is part of any Masking View.
- symsan -sid 1234 list -sanrdf -dir allList all the remote arrays and respective remote RDF ports visible through the RA ports of 1234.This command can be issued after doing a RA to RA port zoning for SRDF .
- symcfg -sid 1234 removeRemove the array 1234 from symcfg list.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -fa allDisplays wwn of all front-end director ports.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -fa all -portDisplays online and connection status of all front-end director ports.
- symcfg -sid 1234 -dir 4a -p 0 list -addr -availList the LUN information / availability of lun ids on port 4a0 in array 1234 .
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
CISCO MDS CLI QuestionsHowTo guide for Cisco MDS commands
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.