How to disable data devices in thin pool?
symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "disable dev AAA:AAB in pool MyThinPool, type=thin;" commit
Disable DATA devices AAA and AAB in MyThinPool. If the DATA device to be used for thin extent allocation , it should be on enabled state. Once it is disabled , we can remove the DATA devices from thin pool. Symmetrix automatically initiates drain operation on disabled DATA devices without any disruption to the application. Once all the allocated extents are drained to other DATA devices, the disabled DATA devices can be removed from the thin pool.
- symcfg -sid 1234 verifyCheck whether the SYMAPI database is in sync with the current configuration of array 1234.
- symcfg list -statusCheck the configuartion and SYMAPI database status of all arrays.
- symcfg -dbShows the configuration information about the current symapi database.
- symdev -sid 1234 write_disable ABC -SA allWrite disable the device ABC from through all directors.
- symdev -sid 1234 write_disable ABC -SA 3a -p 0Write disable the device ABC on FA port 3a:0.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
CISCO MDS CLI QuestionsHowTo guide for Cisco MDS commands