How to dissolve meta devices?
symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "dissolve meta dev AAAA:AAAF,BBBB;" commit
dissolve meta heads AAAA to AAAF and BBBB.
- symdev -sid 1234 list -noport -metaList all unmapped meta devices .
- symdev -sid 1234 list -nomemberList all the devices in array 1234 , except meta members.( all the meta heads and non-meta devices )
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "form meta from dev AAA, config=striped, stripe_size=1920; add dev AAB to meta AAA;" commit
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "form meta from dev AAAA, config=striped, stripe_size=1920;add dev AAAB to meta AAAA;" commitCreate 2 member striped meta , device AAAA as meta head.
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "form meta from dev AAAA, config=concatenated;add dev AAAB to meta AAAA;" commitCreate 2 member concatenated meta device , AAAA as meta head.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
CISCO MDS CLI QuestionsHowTo guide for Cisco MDS commands
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.