How to enable data devices in thin pool?
symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "enable dev AAA:AAB in pool MyThinPool, type=thin;" commit
Enable the DATA devices AAA and AAB in MyThinPool.Once enabled , a data device in a thin pool , can be use to allocate extents to its bounded thin devices.
- symcfg -sid 1234 verifyCheck whether the SYMAPI database is in sync with the current configuration of array 1234.
- symcfg list -statusCheck the configuartion and SYMAPI database status of all arrays.
- symcfg -dbShows the configuration information about the current symapi database.
- symmask -sid 1234 refreshRefresh the VCM Data Base after a masking and unmasking operation.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -thin -pool -GBList all the thinpools in array 1234.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
CISCO MDS CLI QuestionsHowTo guide for Cisco MDS commands
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.