How to free the allocated tracks on vmax3 thin devices?
symdev -sid 1234 -devs AAAAA:AAAAF free -all
Free all the allocated tracks for the devices AAAAA to AAAAF. This command usually use before deleting the TDEVS in V-MAX3.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -thin -pool -GBList all the thinpools in array 1234.
- symcfg -sid 1234 show -pool My_Pool -thin -GBList all the datadevices in thinpool My_Pool on array 1234.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -tdev -GBList all the thin devices in array 1234.And also shows the thinpools associated to each device with the binding status.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -tdev -gb -thin -pool My_PoolList all the thin devices assoicated with thinpool My_Pool
- symconfigure -sid 1234 list -freespace -units mbShows the Formatted and Unformatted freespace in MegaBytes on array 1234
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli QuestionsHowTo guide for symcli commands
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.View full list of Articles ❯