How to list bcv devices?
symbcv -sid 1234 list
Lists all the BCV devices in array 1234 along with details like BCV-STD device,Status of the pair etc.
- symbcv -sid 1234 -g TestDg associate dev BBBAdd the BCV device BBB to the Device Group TestDg.
- symmir -g TestDg establish -fullEstabliash the relationship between the standard and BCV devices in Device Group TestDg.
- symmir -g TestDg cancelTerminate the relationship between the standard and BCV devices in device group TestDg.
- symmir -sid 1234 -g TestDg attach DEV001 BCV ld BCV001Attach the standard device in DG TestDg with the BCV device BCV001.This will become the preferred BCV device to be paired with the standard device when a full establish or full restore action is issued.
- symmir -sid 1234 -g TestDg detach DEV001 BCV ld BCV001Detach the standard device DEV001 in the TestDg from the BCV device BCV001.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
CISCO MDS CLI QuestionsHowTo guide for Cisco MDS commands
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.