How to reclaim the allocated but unused space as well as the pool space completely written with zeros?
symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "start reclaim on tdev AAA:AAF;" commit
Reclaim the allocated but unused space as well as the pool space completely written with zeros.
- symdisk -sid 1234 show 1A:C12 -gapsShows the available space(GAPS) on the disk 1A:C12.
- symdisk -sid 1234 show 1A:C12 -gaps_onlyShows only the available space(GAPS) on the disk 1A:C12.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -thin -pool -GBList all the thinpools in array 1234.
- symcfg -sid 1234 show -pool My_Pool -thin -GBList all the datadevices in thinpool My_Pool on array 1234.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -tdev -GBList all the thin devices in array 1234.And also shows the thinpools associated to each device with the binding status.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
CISCO MDS CLI QuestionsHowTo guide for Cisco MDS commands