How to recreate a previously activated clone session with precopy option?
symclone -g TestDg recreate DEV001 sym ld DEV002 -precopy
Recreate a previously activated clone session.The session SHOULD NOT be created with a "-nocopy" or "-nondifferential" option.This will start an "incremental" background copy still keeping the target device in NR state.
- symaccess -sid 1234 show MyInitiatorGroup -type initiator -detailBy including '-detail' option will shows the Flag settings like 'FCID Lockdown' ,'Consistent Lun'.. for each WWN number in the initiator group.
- symconfigure -sid 1234 abortAbort a configuration session started earlier.
- symclone -g TestDg create DEV001 sym ld DEV002Create a clone copy session between the devices DEV001(source) and DEV002(target) in regular diskgroup TestDg. By default this will create a differentail session.That means, we can do a incremental recreate or restore later.This command will make the target device in Not Ready(NR).
- symclone -g TestDg create DEV001 sym ld DEV002 -precopyCreate a clone copy session between the devices DEV001(source) and DEV002(target) in regular diskgroup TestDg. This will start background copy from DEV001 to DEV002 after making the target device as NotReady(NR).
- symclone -g TestDg create DEV001 sym ld DEV002 -nocopyCreate a "CopyOnAccess" clone session between the devices DEV001(source) and DEV002(target) in regular diskgroup TestDg.This wont start any background copying from source to target device even after activating the session.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
CISCO MDS CLI QuestionsHowTo guide for Cisco MDS commands
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.