How to add a disk_group to the existing storage tier?
symtier -sid 1234 -tier_name Tier1 add -dsk_grp 3
Add disk_group 3 to the existing Storage Tier "Tier1".
- symdisk -sid 1234 list -by_diskgroupDisplays all the disks in array by disk groups.
- symdisk -sid 1234 list -disk_group 1Displays all the disks in disk group 1.
- symaccess -sid 1234 listList all Initiator, Port and Storage Groups Created for Array 1234
- symaccess -sid 1234 list -vList all Initiator,Port and Storage Groups Created for Array 1234 along with related Masking Views
- symaccess -sid 1234 list -type storageList all Storage Groups Created for Array 1234
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.