How to add a tier to an existing fast policy?
symfast -sid 1234 -fp -fp_name F_Policy1 add -tier_name Tier2 -max_sg_percent 30
Add a Tier "Tier2" to an existing Policy "F_Policy1" with 30% SG Capacity.
- symsg -sid 1234 show MyStorageGroupShows the devices in a Storage Group along with its Masking View and FAST Policy association status.
- symfast -sid 1234 list -fpList all the FAST Policies in array 1234 along with the number of Tiers and Storage Groups(SG) .
- symfast -sid 1234 show -fp_name Tier1Lists all the storage groups and Tiers associated with the FAST Policy in array 1234
- symtier -sid 1234 listLists all the storage tiers in array 1234.( both DiskGroup(DP) and Virtual Pool(VP) Tiers )
- symtier -sid 1234 list -vpList only VirtualPool(Thin Pool) provisioned Tiers.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.