How to assign a role to local user?
symauth -sid 1234 -file assign_role_to_local_user.txt commit
assign user H:Server1\User1 to role StorageAdmin;
Assign StorageAdmin role to the local user User1 of Server1
- symsan -sid 1234 list -sanrdf -dir allList all the remote arrays and respective remote RDF ports visible through the RA ports of 1234.This command can be issued after doing a RA to RA port zoning for SRDF .
- syminqLists all physical devices attached to local host.
- syminq hbaShows the HBA details of the local host like HBA Name , WWN etc..
- symaccess -sid 1234 list devinfo -ig MyInitiatorList the details of devices assigned to the initiatorgroup MyInitiator
- symaccess list hbaShows the wwn of the local HBA and the devices assigned to those.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.