How to create a masking view?
symaccess -sid 1234 create view -name Host1_Allocation -sg Host1 -pg 3E0_4E0_13E0_14E0 -ig Host1
Create a masking view combined with specified groups
- symmaskdb -sid 1234 -dev ABC list assignInitialize back-up, restore and show the contents of the device masking VCMDB.(Depreciated from SE 8.X)
- symmask -sid 1234 refreshMask or Unmask the symmetrix devices or list the wwn logins.(Depreciated from SE 8.X)
- symdg create mydg -type rdf1Create device group mydg of rdf1 type .
- symrdf -sid 1234 -rdfg 3 -type rdf1 -file rdf.txt -g mydg createpair -establishEstablish the SRDF relation between the devices given in the file rdf.txt from array 1234(R1) and remote box according to the rdf group .This command start sync between R1 and R2 and also add these devices after creating the device group mydg
- symaccess -sid 1234 list viewList masking views Created for Array 1234 with related groups details
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.