How to create a thinpool?
symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "create pool ThinPool1 type =thin;" commit
Create thinpool named "ThinPool1"
- symdg create mydg -type rdf1Create device group mydg of rdf1 type .
- symrdf -sid 1234 -rdfg 3 -type rdf1 -file rdf.txt -g mydg createpair -establishEstablish the SRDF relation between the devices given in the file rdf.txt from array 1234(R1) and remote box according to the rdf group .This command start sync between R1 and R2 and also add these devices after creating the device group mydg
- symaccess -sid 1234 -type initiator -name Host1 create -wwn 1000000000000001Creates and initiator group called Host1 by adding the specified wwn
- symaccess -sid 1234 -type port -name 3E0_4E0_13E0_14E0 -dirport 3e:0,4e:0,13e:0,14e:0 createCreate the portgroup E0_4E0_13E0_14E0 with specified ports
- symaccess -sid 1234 -type storage -name Host1 create devs AAA:AABCreate the storage group Host1 with specified range of devices
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.