How to define the symdev to a gk device?
symgate -sid 1234 define dev 00AA
The symgate command performs operations on a local gatekeeper device like defining a host device as a gatekeeper device, listing the gatekeeper devices etc..(Depreciated from SE 8.X)
- symcli -defList of currently defined environmental variables .
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -f command_file.txt commitApply the changes defined in the command file.
- symdev -sid 1234 list -identifier device_nameList the symdevs along with its Name
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "create gatekeeper count=10,emulation=FBA,type=thin;" commitCreate 10 thin GateKeeper devices of emulation FBA. The size of each device will be ~3MB/3 cylinders.
- symstat -sid 1234 -dev AAAB -i 5Displays the I/O statistics for device AAAB, in an interval of 5 seconds.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.