How to display the realtime events happening on symmetrix array for a specific interval and count?
symevent -sid 1234 monitor -i 2 -c 10
Display the realtime events happening on array 1234 in an interval of 2 seconds for 10 times.
- symevent -sid 1234 listLists all the events happened such as informational, warnings,errors and fatal on array 1234.
- symevent -sid 1234 monitorDisplay the realtime events happening in array 1234.
- symevent -sid 1234 list -warnLists all the events in symmetrix array with a severity of Warning or greater. This will display all warning,error and fatal events.
- symevent -sid 1234 list -errorLists all the events in symmetrix array with a severity of error or greater. This will display all error and fatal events. For eg. power supply fault is an error event.
- symevent -sid 1234 list -fatalLists all the fatal events in symmetrix array 1234. For eg. an event for a director failure is fatal.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.