How to give alias to a wwpn in vcmdb database?
symmask -sid 1234 -wwn 1000000000000001 rename Host1/HBA01
Create/Rename Node Name(Host1) and Portname(HBA01) in VCMDB for given WWN.
- symcfg -sid 1234 verifyCheck whether the SYMAPI database is in sync with the current configuration of array 1234.
- symcfg list -statusCheck the configuartion and SYMAPI database status of all arrays.
- symcfg -dbShows the configuration information about the current symapi database.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -fa allDisplays wwn of all front-end director ports.
- symmaskdb -sid 1234 -wwn 1000000000000001 list devsList the devices masked to given wwn number .
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.