How to mask devices?
symmask -sid 1234 -wwn 1000000000000001 -dir 4a -p 0 add devs ABC,ABD
Mask the devices ABC and ABD to given wwn in 1234 arrray .
- symmaskdb -sid 1234 -dev ABC list assignList the masking details of the dev ABC .
- symmaskdb -sid 1234 -wwn 1000000000000001 list devsList the devices masked to given wwn number .
- symmaskdb -sid 1234 -awwn hba_alias list devsList the devices masked to given alias hba name .
- symmask -sid 1234 refreshRefresh the VCM Data Base after a masking and unmasking operation.
- symmask -sid 1234 -wwn 1000000000000001 -dir 4a -p 0 remove devs ABC,ABDUnmask the devices ABC and ABD from given wwn in 1234 arrray .
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.