How to set the hold bit on a symmetrix device?
symdev -sid 1234 hold AAAA
Sets the hold bit on device AAAA. The hold bit is automatically placed on a target device during a TimeFinder/Snap operation.
- symsg -sid 1234 -sg MyStorageGroup readySet the status of all devices in SG 'MyStorageGroup' to READY.
- symqos -g MyRDFDg set RDF pace URGENTSet the background copy priority of the devices in MyRDFDg to the maximum.
- symqos -g MyRDFDg set RDF pace 8Set the background copy priority of the devices in MyRDFDg to priority 8. priority can be set between 0(Fastest) to 16(Slowest).
- symdev -sid 1234 list -devs AAA:AAC,BBB,CCCList the devices AAA to AAC,BBB and CCC along with the informations like ConfigType,Status,Size etc.
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "set pool MyThinPool, type=thin, max_subs_percent=150;" commitset the maximum over subscription ratio of thin pool to 150%. If want to keep unlimited ratio , give value as "none".
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.