How to validate the command syntax and verify the appropriateness of the changes and operations?
symconfigure -sid 1234 -f command_file.txt prepare
The prepare option will validate the command syntax and Verify the appropriateness of the changes and operations.
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -f command_file.txt previewValidates the syntax of the commands in 'command_file.txt' and also verify the configuration changes.
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -f command_file.txt commitApply the changes defined in the command file.
- symconfigure -sid 1234 verifyVerify the current symmetrix configuration is ready for a configuration change.
- symaccess -sid 1234 verifyVerify the ACLX database in VMax 1234 is consistent.
- symrdf -sid 1234 -rdfg 3 -type rdf1 -file rdf.txt createpair -invalidate R2Establish the SRDF relation between the devices given in the file rdf.txt from array 1234(R1) and remote box according to the rdf group .This command can be used to just create the pair without starting the data copy from R1 to R2 .
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.