How to add the data devices to thin pool and enable its state?
symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "add dev AAA:AAB to pool MyThinPool, type=thin, member_state=ENABLE;" commit
Add the DATA devices AAA to AAB to MyTHinPool and enable its state.
- symcfg -sid 1234 verifyCheck whether the SYMAPI database is in sync with the current configuration of array 1234.
- symcfg list -statusCheck the configuartion and SYMAPI database status of all arrays.
- symcfg -dbShows the configuration information about the current symapi database.
- symmask -sid 1234 refreshMask or Unmask the symmetrix devices or list the wwn logins.(Depreciated from SE 8.X)
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -thin -pool -GBList all the thinpools in array 1234.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.