How to bind the device to thin pool and prellocate the entire size of device?
symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "bind tdev AAA to pool MyPool preallocate size=ALL ;" commit
Bind the device AAA to thin pool MyPool and prellocate the entire size of device.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -thin -pool -GBList all the thinpools in array 1234.
- symcfg -sid 1234 show -pool My_Pool -thin -GBList all the datadevices in thinpool My_Pool on array 1234.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -tdev -GBList all the thin devices in array 1234.And also shows the thinpools associated to each device with the binding status.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -tdev -gb -thin -pool My_PoolList all the thin devices assoicated with thinpool My_Pool
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "create dev count=10, size=1025, emulation=FBA, config=TDEV;" commitCreate 10 thin devices of cylinder size 1025( around 1GB ) with emulation type as FBA.
« Back to full question list
- Symcli CommandsA searchable database of symcli commands to manage Dell EMC DMX, VMax, VMax3 and PowerMax storage arrays.
- SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
- VMax3 and PowerMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax3 and PowerMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
- VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.