How to create tdevs and preallocate storage while binding to a thin pool?
symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "create dev count=10, size=10GB, emulation=FBA, config=TDEV, binding to pool=MyPool,preallocate size=5GB ;" commit
Create 10 thin devices of size 20GB with emulation type as FBA , bind to thin pool MyPool and prellocate 5GB.
- symdg create mydg -type rdf1Create device group mydg of rdf1 type .
- symrdf -sid 1234 -rdfg 3 -type rdf1 -file rdf.txt -g mydg createpair -establishEstablish the SRDF relation between the devices given in the file rdf.txt from array 1234(R1) and remote box according to the rdf group .This command start sync between R1 and R2 and also add these devices after creating the device group mydg
- symaccess -sid 1234 listList all Initiator, Port and Storage Groups Created for Array 1234
- symaccess -sid 1234 list -vList all Initiator,Port and Storage Groups Created for Array 1234 along with related Masking Views
- symaccess -sid 1234 list -type storageList all Storage Groups Created for Array 1234
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.