How to list all the unmapped meta devices?
symdev -sid 1234 list -noport -meta
List all unmapped meta devices .
- symdev -sid 1234 list -noportList the devices which are not mapped to any ports.
- symdev -sid 1234 list -tdev -noportlist all thin devices in array 1234 which are not mapped
- symdev -sid 1234 list -nomemberList all the devices in array 1234 , except meta members.( all the meta heads and non-meta devices )
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "form meta from dev AAA, config=striped, stripe_size=1920; add dev AAB to meta AAA;" commit
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "form meta from dev AAAA, config=striped, stripe_size=1920;add dev AAAB to meta AAAA;" commitCreate 2 member striped meta , device AAAA as meta head.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.