How to list the devices held for timefinder or snap operations?
symdev -sid 1234 list -held
List the devices which are having the hold bit set. The target devices automatically held during the Timefinder/snap operation and released when it is done.
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -f command_file.txt prepareThe prepare option will validate the command syntax and Verify the appropriateness of the changes and operations.
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "create pool My_Snap_pool ,type = snap;" commitCreate a SNAP pool for snapshot operations.
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "create pool My_DSE_pool ,type = rdfa_dse;" commitCreate a DSE pool for RDF Asynchronous operations.
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "delete pool My_Snap_pool ,type = snap;" commitDelete SNAP pool My_Snap_pool.
- symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "add dev AAAA:AAAB to pool MySnapPool, type=snap, member_state=ENABLE;" commitAdd SAVEDEVices AAAA:AAAB to SANP pool MySnapPool and enable.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.