How to list the events on a symmetrix array in a specific time period?
symevent -sid 1234 list -start 05/26/2016:22:00:00 -end 05/26/2016:23:00:00
Lists all the events starting from 22:00 to 23:00 on 26th may 2016.
- symaccess -sid 1234 -type initiator -name Host1 create -consistent_lunCreate the Initiator Group Host1 and enable the LUN id consistency at the same time.
- symaccess -sid 1234 list logins -wwn 1000000000000001 -vCheck whether wwn 1000000000000001 logged in to any of the FAs on array 1234."-v" options also provides the time of login change. This is helpful if the wwpn not logged in now on the FAs , but want to know when its got disconnected.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -slo -detail -by_resptime -allList the SLOs and the workloads that can be associated with storage groups in VMAX3 array 1234, along with the approximate response time for each.
- symevent -sid 1234 listLists all the events happened such as informational, warnings,errors and fatal on array 1234.
- symevent -sid 1234 monitorDisplay the realtime events happening in array 1234.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.