How to rebind tdevs to alternative thin pool?
symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "rebind tdev AAAA:AAAB to pool T2_2TB;" commit
Bind devices AAAA:AAAB , which are already bounded to a thin pool , to another thin pool T2_2TB.The already written data on the earlier bounded pool will not migrated to the newly bounded pool.The upcoming writes will go to the newly bounded pool.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -thin -pool -GBList all the thinpools in array 1234.
- symcfg -sid 1234 show -pool My_Pool -thin -GBList all the datadevices in thinpool My_Pool on array 1234.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -tdev -GBList all the thin devices in array 1234.And also shows the thinpools associated to each device with the binding status.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -tdev -gb -thin -pool My_PoolList all the thin devices assoicated with thinpool My_Pool
- symdev -sid 1234 list -tdevlist all thin devices in array 1234
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.