How to remove name for a symmetrix device?
symconfigure -sid 1234 -cmd "set dev AAAA NO device_name ; " commit
Remove the device_name identifier ,"testdevice" for device AAAA.
- symcfg -sid 1234 removeRemove the array 1234 from symcfg list.
- symmaskdb -sid 1234 -awwn hba_alias list devsInitialize back-up, restore and show the contents of the device masking VCMDB.(Depreciated from SE 8.X)
- symdg rename mydg yourdgRenames the mydg to yourdg.
- symld -g mydg remove DEV006Performs operations on one or more STD, BCV, TGT or VDEV devices in a device group (DG).(Depreciated from SE 8.X)
- symaccess -sid 1234 list -name MyGroupList all groups named MyGroup
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.