How to create thin devices with out symconfigure?
symdev -sid 1234 create -tdev -emulation fba -cap 10 -captype gb -N 5 -v
Create five 10GB thin devices of FBA emulation.
- symcfg -dbShows the configuration information about the current symapi database.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -vDisplays detailed information about the Symmetrix Array 1234.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -rdfg 3List details about rdf group 3 .
- symcfg -sid 198 list -rdfg 10 -rdfaShows the specific SRDF/A information about the rdf group 10.
- symcfg -sid 1234 list -env_dataDispalys the information and status of arrays physical components like powersupply units Fans etc.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.