How to delete multiple thin devices?
symdev -sid 1234 -devs AAAAA:AAAAF,BBBBB delete
Delete thin devices AAAAA:AAAAF and BBBBB in array 1234.
- symmask -sid 1234 delete -logins -wwn 1000000000000001Mask or Unmask the symmetrix devices or list the wwn logins.(Depreciated from SE 8.X)
- symdg delete mydg -forceDelete device group mydg.
- symrdf -sid 1234 -rdfg 3 -file rdf.txt deletepair -forceDelete the srdf pairing between R1/R2 and return them to stanadard.
- symaccess -sid 1234 delete view -name Host1_AllocationDelete view Host1_Allocation.
- symaccess -sid 1234 delete view -name Host1_Allocation -unmapDelete view Host1_Allocation and also unmap all the device in associated storage group.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.