How to remove thin pool from the existing storage tier?
symtier -sid 1234 -tier_name Tier3 remove -pool TP3_1000GB
Remove thin pool TP3_1000GB from the existing Storage Tier "Tier3".We cannot remove all thin pools from a VP tier if the tier is part of a FAST policy. And also, we cannot remove a pool from a tier if the tier is in an associated policy,and a device in the storage group is bound to the pool.
- symcfg -sid 1234 removeRemove the array 1234 from symcfg list.
- symld -g mydg remove DEV006Performs operations on one or more STD, BCV, TGT or VDEV devices in a device group (DG).(Depreciated from SE 8.X)
- symaccess -sid 1234 listList all Initiator, Port and Storage Groups Created for Array 1234
- symaccess -sid 1234 list -vList all Initiator,Port and Storage Groups Created for Array 1234 along with related Masking Views
- symaccess -sid 1234 list -type storageList all Storage Groups Created for Array 1234
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.