How to enable user authorization in a symmetrix array?
symauth -sid 1234 enable
Enable user authorization in Symmetrix array 1234. We must have created at least one mapping for a user to Admin or SecurityAdmin before this.
- symdev -sid 1234 list -pinnedLists all the devices which are user pinned devices( User Pinned devices will not be moved by FAST Controller , but may be moved by Optimizer or Symmigrate)
- symaudit -sid 1234 list -user test_userList all the records for those activities performed by test_user
- symauth -sid 1234 show -usernameDisplay current username that Solutions Enabler identifies as accessing the Symmetrix array. This command also displays all the groups to which the user belongs.
- symauth list -rolesLists the various user authorization roles available on a Symmetrix array along with a short description of that role.
- symauth -sid 1234 listDisplay the Symmetrix user authorization state Enabled or Disabled in array 1234. This command also shows the timestamp when it is last enabled, disabled and updated.
« Back to full question list
Most viewed articles
Symcli CommandsA searchable database of EMC SYMCLI command examples. Expand the main categories to view the examples below that. Built in search facility to find the commands easily.
SRDF OperationsVarious SRDF operations and Commands explained using a simplified replication setup.
VMax Allocation StepsStorage Allocation procedure for a VMax array using Autoprovisioning Groups.This is just a quick reference and only conatins commands to do the allocation.
Dynamic Vs Static SRDFExamples to show the procedural differences between Dynamic and Static SRDF pair creation.